It’s been over two months since the general election, and still no government in Sweden. This is because the 8 parties can’t find a suitable coalition that doesn’t damage egos, betray voters, let in the nationalists or destroy alliances. It’s a bit like watching a discussion between toddlers in a sand box:
- Ulf wants most of all to play with Ebba, Jan and Annie
- Annie doesn’t want to play with Ulf, Ebba and Jan unless Isabella is allowed in
- Annie and Jan definitely don’t want to play with Jimmy or Jonas
- Annie and Jan want to play with Isabella but Isabella wants to play with Jonas and Stefan
- Jonas is happy to play with Stefan and Isabella but not Jimmy or Ulf or Ebba
- Stefan wants Annie and Jan to join in with Jonas and Isabella
- Nobody wants to play with Jimmy, except sometimes Ulf and Ebba
- Jimmy doesn’t know who he wants to play with
One wonders how it all will end. Well, how does this discussion in a sand box usually end?
2 thoughts on “Sweden’s sand box”
That’s a way to see it☺
I love your analogy and it’s so sad to see..