But what are they, these first signs of spring?
Well, for me they are:
- when Vasaloppet ski race is on the tv
- when people lean against the walls of buildings and look up into the sun
- when the thaw comes and scales of loose ice float around in the sea
- when the figurine of Queen Elizabeth on my window ledge, with the solar panel in her handbag, starts clapping
- when it’s not dark at 5 o’clock when you leave work
- when the final of Melodifestivalen finally happens after weeks of tedious heats through the winter
- when the weather reporters start including pollen in their forecasts
- when the sun shines and you, in horror, start thinking that maybe you should clean your windows
What are the early signs of spring for you? Please comment below.