Ok, I know that English has quite a lot of funny names such as Dick and Willy, but Sweden also has its fair share.
Here come the top 10 hysterical and odd names that people in Sweden actually have.
1. Gun. A popular name of over 18000 women in Sweden. Not bad for a pacifist country
2. Jerker. Seriously. A man’s name, and also the name of a piece of furniture at IKEA.
3. Saga. Ugly when pronounced in English, this name for a woman actually means ‘fairy tale’.
4. Odd. An odd one this. A name owned currently by 735 men in Sweden.
5. Even. Interestingly, the name Even also exists. Odd and Even would make a well-balanced coupled wouldn’t they?
6. Love. It’s true. You could fall in love with a Swedish boy called Love.
7. Ninni. A name of a Swedish woman. Although it means ‘an idiot’ in English, I assume all Ninnis in Sweden are not stupid.
8. Knut. An unfortunate name that, at best, gets pronounced as nut, and at worst gets the letters mixed up to mean something altogether more rude
9. Tintin. Yeah, it’s true. There are many people in Sweden, both male and female, who have this name. Over 500 to be more precise.
10. Titti. This has to be the queen of all unfortunate Swedish names. 1024 women in Sweden currently bear this name with pride.